Welcome to the 2017 BWH Neurosurgery Bike Team Page for the upcoming National Brain Tumor Society (NBTS) fundraiser on Sunday, May 21st, 2017! As team captain, I am excited to have you either join our team and/or donate to help raise awareness for brain tumor care & treatment. For those of us at Brigham and Women's Department of Neurosurgery, I know we all take pride in doing what we can to support the patients we treat and to help those who even seek treatment elsewhere. If our donations, time and effort in supporting the NBTS and their mission can help just a single patient with a brain tumor, then we will be one step closer to reaching our mission.
The Department of Neurosurgery at Brigham and Women’s Hospital is dedicated to serving the needs of the community. It is committed to providing the highest quality of health care to patients and their families, to expanding the boundaries of medicine through research, and to educating the next generation of health care professionals.
The Department of Neurosurgery at Brigham and Women's Hospital will serve internationally to be the academic Department of choice for neurosurgical care with the most distinguished caliber of neurosurgeons and professional healthcare staff. We will create the highest quality of care through our commitment to patients and their families, the innovation inherent in our academic programs, and the strength of partnerships with members of Partners HealthCare System, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard University, and our local community, as well as our unique relationships with care provider groups.
- Quality Patient Care: Delivering quality patient care is the center of everything we do.
- Teaching Excellence: We seek to uphold the highest standards in training health care professionals.
- Research Leadership: We continuously seek new ways to demonstrate our leadership role in research.
- Customer Focus: Our focus is to serve our customers.
- Respect for the Individual: We recognize and value the contributions of every individual.
- Teamwork: We work toward a unified approach to developing health care solutions.
- Embracing Change: Embracing change will help us to be successful.
- Operational Efficiency: We strive for efficient and effective delivery of services.